Thursday, February 12, 2009

Font Poem

1. Choosing a favorite poem\ saying was not an easy task. The last stanza in Bob Dylan’s “Mr. Tamborine Man” was a great choice for this project because not only is it one of my favorite songs ever written, it puts an image in my head of being out on my own getting away from everything.

2. Fonts Used-Helvetica (True Type),Handwriting(Dakota), Bookman (old style), Monaco CE, Century Gothic, Harrington
I feel that the fonts used in this project reflect the sound of Bob Dylan’s music and raspy voice. I used fonts like Helvetica, Bookman Old Style, and Century gothic, to represent the strait forward message of his words. Fonts like Handwriting Dakota, Harrington and Monaco CE show is raspy voice. In a way I feel like Dylan’s lyrics sound handwritten.

3. I arranged my font poem to look like a log cabin. I chose a log cabin because the lyrics of “Mr. Tambourine Man” make me want to go out to a cabin the woods and get “far from the reach of crazy sorrow.”

4. The only real problem I had with my poem was lack of lyrics. I would have liked to make an entire scene of just text.

5. My favorite moments in my final project are the roof and right side of the cabin. The fonts I chose in those areas are really aesthetically pleasing, and the angles of the fonts flow really well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment