Sunday, March 1, 2009

Contact Sheet


Row #1
The photograph I chose for this row illustrates the usage of dpi. For each picture I set the resolution in photo shop, and sized them to 1"x 1.33." I feel that the photo I chose gets much clearer as you move from 72dpi-1200dpi. The 72dpi file is very pixelated and the 1200dpi file is so clear that you can see strands in the guitarists hair.

Row #2

In this row I Formated my image to show how photoshop can manipulate an image. By going to "Image" and then "adjustments" you can make your photo Black and white and duo tone. To change my photos to RGB and CMYK I went to "Image" and then "modes" and then selected the mode I wanted. The deep tones in CMYK stand out against the RGB.

Row #3
To show orientation I selected a photo that looks very different when put into different crop sizes. In order to change your photo from landscape, portrait, and square you must go to image size and type in the correct dimensions.

Row #4
The photo I chose for this row works well because it has a very deep depth of field. I was able to crop at any size and keep it in tight resolution.

Row #5
In order to show abstraction I chose a picture i took of a mailbox in New York City. This photo allows for abstraction through cropping. The abstract shot is barely recognizable but the journalistic shot is clearly a mailbox.

Row# 6
This row called for the usage of photoshop filters to alter our original image. Each shot is clearly the same image but with different artistic filters added over the image.



No comments:

Post a Comment